I made the balsamic vinaigrette variation and tossed it with mushrooms and onions then seasoned it with Celtic sea salt and fresh ground pepper. I roasted them in a 475 degree oven. Once they were tender I removed them from the oven. I served them at room temperature on a roasted vegetable platter.
Balsamic Tomato Saute':
Heat balsamic vinaigrette in a pan over medium heat. Add minced garlic, diced onions and tomatoes; cook until tender and tomatoes begin to break down into a sauce. Toss with cooked rice or pasta and fresh chopped basil. I also added mushrooms and topped it with a chicken breast that was marinated in balsamic vinaigrette and grilled (see below). I do not know why I don't have a picture of the finished product but who knows I was cooking at a friend and we might have had a few sips of beer and a lot of conversation and I forgot to take a picture!
Oven Roasted Vegetables:
In this picture I tossed the carrots with the Italian vinaigrette and a little honey and the asparagus with the balsamic vinaigrette then seasoned with Celtic sea salt and fresh ground pepper. I roasted both in a 475 degree oven until tender/crisp. I added these to my roasted veggie platter on Father's day.
Cucumber Tomato Salad:
Toss diced tomatoes and cucumbers with Italian vinaigrette. This also works well with the balsamic vinaigrete or the Greek variation. I sometimes add feta cheese, goat cheese or fresh mozzarella. Make it a complete meal by adding some grilled meat or seafood. Vegetarians can add cooked quinoa.
Ranch Tomato Cucumber Salad:
Toss diced tomatoes and cucumbers with ranch dressing. Always a kid friendly option!
Use as a Marinade on Meats:
Chicken Breast marinated overnight in Italian vinaigrette and balsamic vinaigrette (the dark ones).
- Rub meat with dry dressing mix and some palm sugar. Brown sugar or sucanat may be substituted.
- Just before it was done cooking I brushed it with BBQ sauce and finished cooking.
Grilled Veggies taste great and will not stick to the grill if brushed with your choice of vinaigrete.
Finished Grilled Vegetable Platter:
- Balsamic mushrooms, asparagus and onions
- All other veggies were tossed with Italian vinaigrette before roasting.
- The mozzarella balls were tossed with balsamic vinaigrette and chopped basil
- The goat cheese ball in the center is half goat cheese and half cream cheese with some dry italian dressing mix added for flavor
- I made this platter one day in advance
- After the event I chopped up all of the leftovers including the mozzarella and combined it with the remaining goat cheese then I divided it among tortillas and made vegetable goat cheese quesadillas. We ate some and froze some for later (see below).
Goat Cheese and Vegetable Quesadillas:
I love quesadillas and frittatas because thay make leftovers into a amazing "planned over" meals.
- Pour Italian Vinaigrette into an oven safe dish.
- Cut of top of garlic head and place exposed side down.
- Roast in a 475 oven until very soft.
- Serve with veggie platter or puree and use as spread. Roasted garlic may also be added to sauces.
Please share any ideas and uses you have for dressings and vinaigrettes.
Have a great week!
Take it One Prep at a Time!