Monday, December 31, 2012

Reheating with Steam

One simple thing you can do to make leftovers or planned overs taste better is to reheat them in a steam basket instead of a microwave.  I just place 1-2 inches of water in the bottom of a pan and place my steam basket insert on top.  I add my food to the basket, cover and turn on high; once it steams I lower the heat to medium.  I have a glass lid so I can see the food.  Most foods reheat in just a few minutes.  I reheat oatmeal, eggs and even steak.  The food does not dry out or get rubbery.

Add the water
 
Add the steam basket
 
Add the food
 
Cover

 
Turn on the heat



Checkout how my friends at Get REAL for Kids reheat in bamboo baskets.  A great way to reheat several meals at one time.  The baskets are even great for cooking.

Take it one prep at a time,
Chef Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment