Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hard "Baked" Egg

It has been so cold in Michigan that I haven't wanted to leave the house for any reason except maybe an over priced delicious coffee.  Staying in has saved me money and time and best of all we are eating up all of our food in the house. 

Today I decided that I will probably have to go grocery shopping tomorrow.  We are definitely down to the bare minimum. I made up a few meals for the week and I noticed we still have a few eggs to spare. I put the eggs in their shells into a muffin tin and baked them in a pre-heat 325 degree oven (I have always wanted to do this).  I guessed at how long to cook them. Looks like a made a great guess. Check these babies out!  So much easier than boiled eggs and they peeled no problem. Maybe it was beginners luck or maybe they just peel better when baked rather than boiled.

*Baking time may vary because oven temperatures vary quite a bit.  Make only a few to test the timing of your oven.


 
 
As you can see they got a few brown spots were they touch the muffin tin.  No biggies. They cooked, peeled and tasted AWESOME!  

I can't wait for my next egg-venture...

Take it One Prep at a Time,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment