Every year my Mom would make special treats for our Easter baskets. She really made everything so special. We loved helping her make sugar eggs and chocolate candy molds. So many of my favorite memories are tied to all the special things my Mom would make for every holiday and birthday.
I decided to share these memories with my son Carson and make some of our own. I convinced him and my friend Debbie to help me have a homemade Easter treat making marathon. Here are some of the items we made.
Crispy Spring Pops
- Make a double recipe of Rice Crispy Treats using Fruit Pebbles
- Press into a buttered 13x9 pan to make them extra thick
- Once set, cut into desired size bars
- Push a sucker stick in the bottom
- Dip the tip in melted white chocolate and place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet and sprinkle wet chocolate with cupcake sprinkles
- Let dry or freeze for quicker drying
- Cheater Method: Buy cereal bars and cut them in half, insert stick and dip in chocolate.
Sugared Marshmallow Pops
- Dip large marshmallows in water
- Remove excess water with a paper towel
- Roll in desired colored sugar
- Insert sucker stick
- Dry on a parchment line cookie sheet
- I can't wait to try these on a s'more!
Yield: 4 dozen
Nutter Butter Chicks
Chicks in Grass
We used a grass piping tip to make these cute cupcakes.
The baking cups are from Marshalls.
I packaged everything in cello bags so it would keep and then I froze them.
I froze the cupcakes first so I could easily put them in bags without smearing the frosting.