Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Egg Muffins-A Great Way to Start the Day!

Many quick and convenient breakfast items are packed with sugar both natural and added sugar.  Dry cereals, cereal and granola bars and hot cereals just to name a few.  Although this might give us a quick boost of energy it fades fast.

Egg Muffins are a protein packed breakfast that is quick and easy to make and eat.  I go to the gym before work and I am always looking for something I can eat on the road on my way to work however I don't want to add extra "bread" to my meal.  Don't get me wrong I love bread but for the calories it doesn't fill me up or keep me full for very long.  These little egg muffins are easy to eat even on the run.  If I add veggies to the mix I even make them into a better breakfast choice.  I usually will warm one up and toss it in a soup thermos so it is ready to eat after my workout.  I love to eat it with an apple or some grapes.  I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.  They are gluten free and can be made without cheese to be casein free too.

This recipe is only a guideline feel free to mix it up or use leftover vegetables and meat in your filling.  Believe it or not it taste great with leftover chicken or salmon.

Take it One Prep at Time,
Chef Jackie

Egg Muffins
1/2
pound
sausage or bacon cooked
2
small
potato peeled and grated
1
small
onions, diced small
1/2
cup
cheddar cheese shredded
12

eggs
1
tsp.
garlic powder


Celtic salt and pepper to taste
1.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Smear muffin tin with butter.
2.
Divide meat, potatoes, onions and cheese among 12 muffin cups. Beat eggs with garlic, salt and pepper. Divide egg mixture evenly among muffin cups.
3.
Bake 15-20 minutes until egg has set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Reheat in the microwave or in a steam basket.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment